No matter how good our intentions are about always using re-usable shopping bags, collecting plastic shopping bags is inevitable. I'm generally pretty good about remembering my re-usable bags on regular shopping outings, but there are always spontaneous trips when I find myself without my bags. And that's ok! Plastic shopping bags are useful for so many things, not the least of which are trash can liners and packing my husband's lunch. But you need an attractive way to store all those bags so they don't get all over the place and so they'll be handy when you need them. Presenting: The t-yarn Seussian bag caddy!



T-yarn is yarn made from strips of cut-up t-shirts. Just like plarn, you can find lots of tutorials on how to make it. Basically, you cut a seamless t-shirt in a big spiral, pull on it so that the edges roll in on themselves and prevent any raveling, and then knit it like any other bulky yarn. It's super-strong, and can come in as many bright fun colors as the ubiquitous American t-shirt does. I used several colors of t-yarn to knit the bold stripes of this bag saver, and the end result reminds me of a Dr. Seuss top hat, hence the name "Seussian bag caddy."


This bag caddy can easily hold 30 regular-sized plastic bags. It probably can hold more, but I only had 28 to try it out. Just stuff the bags in the top. . .

. . . and pull them out the dispenser at the bottom. Hang the bag caddy in your utility room or in any handy location, and you'll always have bags ready for whatever new purpose you've got for them!

Suggested Retail: $20