Today Annie and I would like to present to you a new original design: Liam's Camouflage Bomber Hat! When I saw the variegated "Toasted Almond" Heart & Sole sock yarn I knew it would be just right for making something for baby Liam. He's the firstborn (well, yet-to-be-born) son of our friends Julia and Will, and with a dad who has spent years in the army and a nursery decorated in a backwoods theme, I knew that a camouflaged bomber hat would be perfect.


The sock yarn made a really nice lightweight fall hat, although I lined the earflaps with mohair so they'd be thick and fuzzy like fur.


On the left earflap I embroidered Liam's name. Personalization is one of my favorite little details to add, since it not only makes the item clearly one-of-a-kind, but it also makes it easy to identify if it ever gets lost.


Like a true bomber hat, the earflaps can either be worn down or can button up and back behind the head. This can extend the wearing size and add layers of warmth if needed.


Suggested retail: $30.