And God said, “LET THERE BE LIGHT,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. Genesis 1:3-4

My mom used to call me her “sunshine and salsa” daughter because I lived on sunlight, and life with me could be a little spicy at times. I thought that was the perfect name for my first collection of winter knits because the bright colors bring a bit of cheer into the bleakness of the season. It is also an overflow of my joy in the birth of my first daughter, Annie Sunshine.


This collection is made of 100% recycled wool/acrylic blend yarn which I unraveled from a thrift store sweater, and then hand-dyed bright colors with kool-aid. The yarn has a a beautifully mottled pattern because the wool absorbed the bright colors and the acrylic stayed white. Each piece is a one-of-a-kind item, designed, knitted and embroidered by me. I took inspiration from Peruvian patterns and Latin American colors, invoking the playful warmth of summers remembered.

Green infant earflap hat, $18.00 (SOLD)


Red-soled infant booties $20.00 (SOLD)
Child/toddler small mittens $20.00 (SOLD)


Annie's booties, which started the whole collection. $20.00 (NFS)

Because the yarn preparation takes so much work (and days from buying, unraveling, dyeing, drying, winding and knitting), I would need to have several items requested before I start a new dye lot.