I thought it would be fun to do a post with pictures of the booties I've made for Annie. Up first: the Sunshine and Salsa booties which inspired the collection and helped me decide to open up Seasonal Arts. Collin and I unraveled the yarn from a wool/acrylic sweater last winter and dyed the yarn into five beautiful colors with kool-aid. I'd been saving it for something special, and over Christmas I knit these booties up at the Hobbs homestead in Wisconsin. I loved them so much I decided to knit more and open up an online store.




For more information, see post on "The Sunshine and Salsa Collection"



Suggested Retail: $20.00


Next up: Annie's Baby Hobbs booties. I made these booties a few days before Annie was born, before we knew if she was a boy or a girl. We were kind of thinking she might be a boy, but since we didn't know (and were definitely wrong!) I went for a semi-neutral teal colored theme. I like these booties a lot, even for a girl. They're nicely squishy, but still have a stiff enough band to stay on fairly well. I also love that they are knit in the round, making the knitting a little more tedious than 2-needle booties, but eliminating the seam. And, of course, my favorite part is the personalization on the sole. Way fun!


For more information, see the post I wrote on my family blog, "Baby Hobbs Booties," and the original pattern, "Blue Steps."


Suggested Retail: $20.00

For Christmas my mother-in-law gave me a gift certificate to a local yarn shop called Yellow Dog Knitting. There I bought some of the most beautiful yarns I've ever had the pleasure of knitting with (stay tuned for more pictures of things I've knit from that yarn). One project I made from that yarn are these Ugg-style alpaca booties. I never liked Ugg boots when only sorority girls were wearing them, but these are great! The neutral colors make these the most versatile of Annie's booties, and she often wears them with winter tights and sweater dresses to church.

These booties were based off the DIY pattern for "Fashionable Baby Booties." If I could've found suede yarn like the pattern suggested the booties would probably have been better, but the alpaca was very nice too. The other major change was that I whip-stitched white alpaca over the original cuff, which made a really nice round, stiff cuff.


Suggested Retail: $20.00

The last pair were the first I made for Annie, and fit perfectly when she was a newborn. Sadly, however, although I have lots of pictures of Annie in her Sunflower Hat, I don't have any of her in her moccasins. I loved them so much, though, and they're so tiny and cute that I'm going to put them in Annie's baby scrapbook, if I ever get it made.

These booties are knit from the Purl Bee's "Baby Mocs" pattern.

Suggested Retail: $20.00