This is a post I've been looking forward to posting for quite a while now. My friend Ali and her husband Luke are in the last few weeks of waiting for their first child, a long-awaited and much-prayed-for little girl. Since Ali's baby shower was tonight, I can finally post pictures of the booties I finished several months ago. Before I show you the pictures, it helps to know that Ali and Luke and baby all share the last name of "Trout." So, allow me to present:


Rainbow Trout Booties! Aren't they great?


The yarn totally made these. It's a sock yarn that I got at Yellow Dog Knitting in Eau Claire (that Christmas present has spread so far!). The pattern is basically Blue Steps with added fins, embroidered mouths and eyes.


Little girls make good fishermen too.

So there you have them. Wearable fish. Anyone else want a pair? Or have another concept in need of a special design? I love a challenge!

Suggested Retail: $22.00